- Prepare 8 oz. whole wheat orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare 1 pound of sweet Italian chicken sausages according to package direction (you can prepare them over the stove or on the grill).
- While the sausages are heating, heat 1 – 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in a large heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 3-4 cloves of finely chopped garlic, stir for a few seconds, then add 1 pound of chopped zucchini and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- When the sausages are done, cut them into bite-sized pieces and add to saute pan along with 1 pint of halved cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil, 2 tbsp. of fresh oregano, salt and pepper. Continue to saute until tomatoes are just softened, about one minute more.
- Toss together cooked orzo, 1 6. oz container of feta cheese crumbles, and sausage mixture in a large serving bowl.