This recipe is an adaptation from a Cooking Light recipe.
1. Prepare quinoa using 2 parts liquid (I like vegetable or chicken broth for flavor) and one part quinoa. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa has a nice soft and chewy texture.
2. To make sauce, combine 1/4 chopped fresh basil, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tbsp. dijon mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Add the sauce to the cooled quinoa and mix well.
4. Next, add one chopped tomato, 1/4 cup minced red onion and 1/2 cup chopped carrot.
5. Add one can of rinsed and drained black beans from a can.
6. Lastly, add shelled edamame (this can be thawed from frozen or boiled fresh pods.)
Mix well and serve over some spinach. Yumm-o!